Port of Zadar Authority was established to manage, develop and use the port of Zadar, as a port open for international public transport which due to its size and importance was nominated a port of special international and economic interest for the Republic of Croatia. Port of Zadar Authority has been established by a Decision of the Government of the Republic of Croatia on February 18, 1997.
Based on the Maritime Domain and Seaports Act, the Port Authority undertakes the following activities:
1. Taking care of building, maintaining, managing, protecting and improving the maritime domain representing the port area,
2. Building and maintaining the port infrastructures, financed by the founder’s budget
3. Expert surveillance of the construction, maintaining, managing and protection of the port area (port infrastructure and superstructure)
4. Ensuring permanent and undisturbed port traffic, technical and technological integrity and safety of navigation
5. Providing for the services of general interest or services for which there is no economic interest of other business subjects
6. Coordinating and supervising the operations of the concessionaires that perform economic activities in port area
7. Making of decisions as regards the establishment and management of free zones inside the port area in accordance with regulations governing free zones,
8. Other activities established by the law.
Port of Zadar Authority governs:
1. port Zadar – passenger port
2. port Gaženica – passenger port
3. port Gaženica – cargo port
4. port Vela Lamjana – fishing port
Port of Zadar Authority grants concessions for port activities based on the prescribed technical and technological conditions and the public procurement procedure.
Basic port services:
1. loading, unloading, transhipping, storage, processing of goods,
2.mooring and unmooring of ships,
3.cleaning of the port,
4.embarking and disembarking of passengers and vehicles
5.other services in the port for which the concessions are granted, such as providing water, power and phone services, providing services to passengers and ships, servicing the port machinery, agency and freight forwarding activities, goods quality and quantity control and other services
Zadar's city walls inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List
In January 2016, Croatia, Italy and Montenegro submitted to UNESCO a nomination for the inscription of the transnational serial cultural heritage “Venetian Works of Defence between the 16th and 17th centuries” to the World Heritage List.....
Celebrating the Arrival of the Jubilee 100,000-th Passenger to the Port Zadar in 2017.
On September 15. 2017. on cruiser AIDABLU - company Aida Cruises arrived the jubilee 100,000th passenger on a cruising to the New passenger port Gaženica. Compared to last year, the arrival of a jubilee passenger was recorded 15 days earlier.
Dear customers, passengers.
In cooperation with the Croatian auto-club (HAK) we are able to give you an insight into the real traffic situation inside of the area of the passenger port Gaženica.
Camera 1 shows the traffic situation on the passenger port entrance (entrance from the city, arterial road and entrance from the fast road leading from the highway).
Camera 2 shows the traffic situation toward the embarkation piers.
Camera 3 shows the traffic situation on the port exit and piers for the local ferry lines.
360o aerial photographs of the new passenger port Gaženica.
MEDNET is a European project, co-financed by the MED Programme, aimed at simplifying and harmonizing maritime and port procedures within the Mediterranean region.